Friday, January 30, 2009

Could I be that lucky?

Okay, so I must admit that I G.oogle everything...yes, I'm addicted. I can't help it! I'm just always so amazed at what you can find out there in cyberspace.

Anywho, I just G.oogled Progestero.ne in Eth.yl O.leate and found out that it's apparently the easiest proges.terone supplement out there to use, and that I can use a 25g needle to administer instead of the 22g. Sooo, I just left a message with our RN to see if she can call our pharmacy to change the order. I'm also going to ask her about EML.A Cream, which is a topical anesthetic I can use to numb the injection site beforehand. Has anyone had any experience with either one of these? I'm ready, willing and able to do anything I can to lessen the fear (and pain) I'm having over getting these darn shots!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My doctor switched me to Endometrium. After my first PIO shot, I literally could not walk - my butt was so sore, and my RE said it was because I have a small frame (5'5 and 120 lbs). Our entire clinic is switching from PIO to Endometrium It has been great and very easy to use. However, you have to use it 3 times a day after ET so it involves doing it at work....best of luck to you!

Anonymous said...

I use EMLA cream and LOVE it!! I actually got my Doc to give me 11 refills. I use it for the blood draws and for the bigger needles. Definately takes the edge off. Sometime you can still feel the medicine go in but if you leave it on your skin for close to an hour, you shouldn't feel much at all! Good luck!

WantWait&Pray said...

Honestly...the size of the needle is intimidating- but I didn't find the PIO shots to be that bad. I had the 22.5g needle too. I numbed the area prior to my husband giving me the shot....also I warmed the oil in my hands (just rolled it in between my hands). Once the shot was in, I massaged over the area and applied a little heat from a heating pad. I was SO nervous for it...but it wasn't that bad. I promise! :-)

Ashley said...

Hey Kristi!! Im from Cycle Sistas!! Im praying for you!! Good luck with everything!! Ill keep up!!

Ashley said...

Also, one question... What is Doxycycline 100mg? If you dont mind telling me:)

Chastity said...

I took the PIO shots for the first trimester for both pregnancies (and of course during my IVF cycles as well). I never found the ethyl oleate any better than the oil, and I never found either particularly painful. Of course, people feel things differently. My biggest suggestion is a heating pad before and after.