Thursday, January 8, 2009

The strength to get back up...

I received an email from a very dear friend of mine this morning. Shannon (in yellow below) and I have been friends for over four years. We met through another couple and our "crew" became thick as thieves.


I've watched all these ladies get married, struggle through miscarriages, struggle with getting pregnant and celebrate the birth of each of their beautiful children. It's been an awesome experience and one I'm most humbled to be a part of. Shannon and her husband are now expecting their second child in July, and A and I truly couldn't be happier for them.

Anyway, back to my reason for posting...she sent me this email and as I was watching it through tears at my desk, I just knew I had to share it. What a connection it has to my first post of 2009! I really can't put into words what watching it does for me, but I'm hoping it does the same for you all out there who are struggling to navigate your own bumpy roads....take a look...



5 comments:

Shannon said...

Gosh Kristi, that video is like the answer to my prayers today. I pray that we both find the strength to keep getting back up. I hope you have a good day!

Erica said...

Finish strong....I needed that. And now I need some tissue too. :) It's amazing how God sends us what we need, just when we need it. Thanks for sharing.

CLML said...

Hey Kristi--this is unrelated to your blog post, but I just wanted to write you back about your colpo question. I had to have one b/c I had an abnormal pap. I've been getting abnormal paps for a few years now. Sometimes they decide that the cells causing the abnormality need monitoring while other times they decide they want a closer look via the colpo. The cells that they are looking at are HPV cells. I have more than one strain apparently, as is common. All of my colpos always come back with a mild dysplasia diagnosis and then I repeat a pap in 6 months (which will hopefully be the case again). GL and let me know if you have any other questions!

FlyAway said...

Thanks for sharing that. We need inspriation daily. You seem to be such a wonderful friend and your strength will pull you through anything.
Hugs~
Jessi

Michelle said...

HI Kristi
I too was sent this video by a friend today... and like you...I sat through it in tears. Such a wonderful message. Something to think about and remember...even when you think you wont get up! YOU WILL!!
~Michelle