Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Answered email...

First, thanks for all the prayers, thoughts and hugs from my post yesterday. You ladies are the best, and definitely help me keep my sanity while navigating the IF road!

So my RN has finally gotten around to answering the email I sent her yesterday morning explaining about the delay in getting my period. I go in tomorrow morning for a cycle-status check, which means bloodwork and an ultrasound. The bloodwork is to check hormone levels (to see where I'm at in my cycle) and the ultrasound is to check for any active cysts (producing hormone) that may be delaying the cycle (or corpus luteum that would show I've already ovulated). If my cycle is being delayed by a cyst, then they'll give me a shot of Ovidrel and my period should show up within two weeks. If it shows I've already ovulated then we wait. I'm really, really praying that it's not delayed due to a cyst. There were a few small ones spotted during my last cycle, so I'm praying that they haven't grown. But either way, it's out of my hands. He is in control and will carry me through whatever it turns out to be...

Is there anyone out there who's dealt with a similar situation?

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I havent went through that but Im just giving you some prayer and love! Hope you're having a good day!

osuraj said...

Kristi-

I had a cyst during one of my Follistim cycles too...luckily it went down on it's own and didn't delay things too much. I'm hoping it's nothing that has to make you wait much longer.

((Hugs))

Erica said...

I had tons of cysts, but they went down on their own during my cycles and didn't delay things too much. I'll say an extra prayer for you tomorrow for your cycle check.

Erica

Gil said...

I'm prone to cysts (having PCOS) and on my first IVF + ICSI cycle, lo and behold, a huge cyst stood in our way.

When they checked my E2 levels though, everything was normal so the cyst wasn't producing its own hormones, as sometimes they do and -that- is what would have delayed our cycle! I got lucky.

However, we also know (from previous cysts) that mine don't disappear after taking BCPs. So something drastic was required. Our clinic was able to aspirate the cyst (using the same procedure as they do for egg retrieval) and although it delayed us one day on starting our medications, it all went well.

Good luck on your stims and with the ultrasounds!