Friday, January 30, 2009

We're on our way!!

Well, I just ordered my meds for our IVF cycle! Here's the run-down of what we're getting...


For Me:
Medrol 16mg
Doxycycline 100mg
Ovidrel 250mcg
Follistim AQ 900iu
Low Dose hCG 10iu/0.15mls
Ganirelix 250 mcg/0.5ml
Progesterone in Ethyl Oleate 50 mg/ml
.5cc Insulin syringes x 10
22g 1" 3cc syringe & needle x 20

For Hubby:
Doxycycline 100mg

Hmmm, seems a little one-sided, doesn't it?

I was actually able to lessen some of the amounts that they had on my original script because my friend gave me all of her leftover meds from her last IVF cycle...so, so generous! And it just happened to be the most expensive stuff, the Follistim, that's $150 a pop, with insurance!! I honestly feel for those out there that don't have insurance coverage, and I get down on my knees and thank God that we do! And on an even better note, I was able to down-grade the 22g needles that I'll be using for the PIO shots. Instead of the 1.5", the nurse said she'd change it to the 1"! I know, I know, it's only a half an inch, but that's half an inch that I won't have to stick in my bum and that makes all the difference to someone who's absolutley terrified of needles!! The BD fines on the Follistim, Ovidrel, hCG and Ganirelix are nothing compared to these suckers! Thank you God for giving me the strength to do this!

Lastly, I've also been tagged a few times by you lovelies, and have lots of other catching up to do, but it will have to wait. I promise a real update this weekend!

Love you guys!

1 comment:

shawnandlarissa said...

Yay! It'll go so fast from here.