Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back to reality

Tuesday...only three days left. I can't believe it's already been a week and three days since Dad passed away.

Last week was a long, draining week and I'm so glad it's over. Saturday was Dad's memorial service, and everything went beautifully! The weather held out, the flowers were lovely, the bagpiper piped and my Mom received my Dad's American flag for his service in the Korean War. I, along with my brother, was actually able to get up and give a eulogy and there wasn't a dry eye in the church (including my own!). The re passe' afterwards was wonderful, and we were all so touched to see how many people were there for us. It was a wonderful tribute to my Dad! It was a long day but the hard work was well worth it...after all, it was for my Dad.

Now it's back to reality...and moving on. Not forgetting my Dad, but learning how to live life again. Mourning for a beautiful life lost, but celebrating Dad's homecoming with our Lord and the rest of our family. What a welcome I know he had, and what a comfort it is to my to know that I'll forever have my Dad watching out for me until we meet again.

I just want to thank all of our family and friends, both IRL and who read my blog for your prayers, support and kind words. It means so much to my family and myself to know that we have such a wonderful support system out there.

And a thank you to my Dad...for being such a wonderful man, for being my rock, for being my friend.

I love you Dad and always will!! Until we meet again...I'll be swinging those clubs for you! XOXO

No comments: