Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Forward movement...

Well, A had his SA last Monday and we've gotten the results...although I really don't have any idea what they mean. Our PCP said that everything was normal, and when I G.oogled "normal SA results" I couldn't really understand those either when comparing them to A's. If there's someone out there who can shed some light on what these numbers mean, and if they really are "normal", please help!

Volume 2.0ML
Viscosity Normal
PH(Semen) 8.5
Progressive Motil 60%
Sperm Concentration 33.0
WBC 7 to 10
% Normal Morphology 25%
Specimen Temperature 22.0 Celsius

In other news, I also had my appt. with my new Ob/Gyn last Tuesday, and let me just say that I absolutely love her!! I had my annual, got refills for my PNV's and she referred us to an RE...yup, finally a plan is in motion! We have our initial consultation on 10/8. I got the packet of paperwork in the mail yesterday that needs to be filled out prior to our appt. and HOLY COW!! I think the only thing they didn't ask me was my shoe size! I am just so happy that A is on board with everything. It's actually quite amazing to think that if everything goes as planned, we just might be PG by the end of 2008! I'm keeping everything crossed and thanking God every day for taking our hands and leading us down this road. I know that with Him anything is possible!




"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him."
(Psalms 28:6-7)
.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Every site is going to be different...one that I have typically used has been webmd.com

Use this link...it may help to at least give you an idea.

http://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/guide/semen-analysis?page=2

Hope that helps!!

Shannon said...

YH's SA results look pretty good and that webmd site does have some good info. When you go to the RE, they will most likely go over the results more (so hopefully they have a copy) and they can let you know if the numbers fall in line with what they feel is acceptble, too. GL with your first appt!

JenM said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your numbers look pretty good to me. The RE should be able to give you more information.

Good luck to you!