Sunday, August 24, 2008

We've lost a great man...

my Dad. The man who dried my tears, picked me up when I was down, kissed my cheeks and taught me to be the person I am today. I can't get my head around it and don't have many words. I can't possibly convey to anyone what a great man my Dad was...it's impossible. He was a Son, a Brother, a Husband, a Dad, a Pop-Pop and a Great Poppy. He was devoted to his family, his God; a man that words fall short of describing. I was lucky enough to have been raised by the man and was blessed to have him in my life for thirty-three years, but it was still to short.

I know that God welcomed him with open arms. I know that he's not suffering anymore...there is no more pain. Life and death are such a double-edged sword. For my Dad, I just couldn't bear to say good-bye, and yet I knew in my heart that it was the only way for him to find peace. He is with our Heavenly father now, not confined to a bed any longer, but walking tall with a smile on his face. I know that someday my Dad will be there to welcome me and I can't wait to feel his arms around me again.


I don't know who's reading this blog...if any one's reading at all, but if you are and you feel so inclined to send up a thought or prayer for this wonderful man, I thank you and my family thanks you from the bottom of our hearts.

Rest in Peace Daddy...we miss you so much. You'll forever be in our hearts.
"God watched you as you suffered,
and knew you had your share.
He gently closed your weary eyes
and took you in his care.
Your memory is our keepsake,
with that we will never part.
God has you in his keeping,
we have you in our hearts.
Nothing could be more beautiful
than the memories we have of you.
To us you were someone special.
God must have thought so too.
All our lives we shall miss you,
as the years they come and go,
but in our hearts you will live forever.
Because we love you so.
God saw you were getting tired,
and a cure was not to be.
So he put his arms around you
and whispered "Come with me"
With tearful eyes we watched you
suffer and fade away.
Although we loved you dearly,
you were not meant to stay.
A golden heart stopped beating,
hard- working hands to rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us,
He only takes the best!"

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh Kristi. I can't even imagine the pain you are feeling right now. I know that there must be some peace in knowing that your dad is now whole and not hurting and is with the Great Healer, but you still ache for your loss. I believe you will see your dad again and what a reunion it will be! Until then, I will be in prayer for you and your family. (((hugs)))

Shannon said...

I have been following your blog (and you, mine so thank you) When I read your entry today, my heart wept for you and your family. I am so sorry you lost your dad. I will pray for your peace and for the joy that your dad now has as he is with the Lord.


(((prayers and hugs)))

littlemonkey said...

Sending you and your family big hugs! I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine how difficult it is for you. Someone once said "It's easier to leave than be left"

Erin said...

I'm so sorry for your loss!!!

My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Miss said...

oh my gosh...I came across your blog today and was browsing around and suddenly found myself crying.

I.AM.SO.SORRY...such pointless, useless words in a time like this, but that is all my tiny mindy can muster. I am praying as I write.

the thought of losing my dad takes my breath away....I will just keep on praying

Wifezzilla said...

i am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad.