Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Being thankful...

Let's not forget, especially with Than.ksgiving only a day away, all that we have to be thankful for! So often we do forget what it's really all about. Don’t worry, I’m not going to ask you to give up any of your prized Than.ksgiving traditions. Go ahead and watch the parade and the games. Drive several hours to Grandma’s house and back. Eat way too much turkey. Take a long nap. Or whatever. These are all great and fun traditions...

But I am going to ask you not to forget the heart of Than.ksgiving. In fact, I want to encourage you to let Than.ksgiving be more than just a day. Why not take time this whole week to remember God’s blessings? If your Than.ksgiving Day is already full with family, then set aside some time on the day before or the day after to remember all that God has given, and to say “Thank you.” Better yet, do this for several minutes each day this week. If you do, not only will you be doing the right thing, since God deserves thanks for all he has done for you, but also you'll find that your celebration of Thanksgiving is richer and fuller than you have ever imagined it could be.

Expressing our heartfelt gratitude to God is one of life’s greatest joys. It’s a joy that many of us rarely experience, and it is the true heart of Than.ksgiving. So let me invite you – yes, urge you – to take time this week for real expression of gratitude to God. You’ll be glad you did!

I hope everyone has a blessed Than.ksgiving...we all have a lot to be thankful for!



"In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God." (Thessalonians 5:18).

4 comments:

Erin said...

So very very true!

Shannon said...

What a great idea. I think its so easy to get caught up in everything else but when you really think about it, there is so much to be thankful for. Praise God, he is GREAT! :)

Echloe said...

I'll try. At least for tomorrow.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Jenn said...

I love your Christmas layout too! Way better than mine =) And your header... are you a scrapbooker? Cause that is WAY CUTE! I'm going to do a blog post but I'm doing ok. Back and forth mentally, as usual. Against my better judgement I've let myself get really excited this go-round. We'll see. Testing on Thursday. T-3 days!