Monday, August 4, 2008

I hate Mondays

All I have to say is what.a.weekend!! Dad came home on Friday afternoon and the really hard work began. We've enlisted the help of Home Health Aide's 7 days a week, 12 hours a day, so hopefully that will help. My brother and sister and I are trying to work out a schedule so that my Mom doesn't have to be alone with my Dad during the night, and Friday night was my shift. It was fairly uneventful, but will definitely take some getting used to! I didn't get much sleep because I was hearing every little noise in the house, so I was pretty cranky Saturday morning. The first aide came bright and early Saturday, and I'm truly amazed by them. I was a little skeptical that they would be able to give my Dad the same kind of care his family would, but the guy who came, Sam, was awesome! Sam will come two days a week, Jariss will come two days a week and Nancy will be there three days a week. Dad actually got outside in the fresh air BOTH days and he was very happy about that!! I've been praying so hard asking God for the strength I know we'll all need to get through this, but if you'd all keep us in your thoughts and prayers, it would be much appreciated!

Anyway, that was pretty much my whole weekend...we did wind up getting out for a few hours on Saturday afternoon to see my Godson in a children's parade...he's 2 and was a ladybug, so adorable!! He kept telling us he was a "bad ladybug" (I think his Dad put him up to that!), and Saturday night we went to my niece's house (his Mom) for dinner and a game of M.onoply, which I haven't played in a looong time!! It was fun and nice to get out for a bit. A wound up going golfing yesterday and I did the invitations for my niece's baby shower, which is the first Saturday in September. It will be a very busy month ahead, and A & I are hoping that we can get a few days vacation in there somewhere. A's brother is throwing a big party on August 16th, and our friend's have a shore house the week of the 18th, so we'll see. Also, A's birthday is the 25th, so busy, busy!!

Oh yeah, and AF arrived in full force on Saturday morning, so Cycle #15 here we come!!! A said he's going to call our family Dr. to see about getting an SA, so hopefully by the time I get to my new Ob/Gyn appt. I'll have more ammo to bring with me!! I've also told myself that it's time to get my butt back to the gym, so today's my first day...here's hoping I don't keel over!!

No comments: