Thursday, July 31, 2008

Chapter One...

And our story begins...except, where do I actually start? I've been contemplating starting my own blog for quite some time now. Life seems to be passing us by so quickly, that I figured it would probably be a good idea to start writing down the "important" things that happen/are happening. Although when I'm reading other blogs, it seems like my "things" aren't that interesting or exciting...hence the apprehension at starting my own. I mean, who will even read it? If nothing it will be a way for me to get down some of my own thoughts, fears, etc. To clear out my own internal cobwebs, and hopefully meet some new people along the way.

Anyway, a little background...A & I have been happily married for over a year now. We just recently celebrated our First Anniversary on May 27th, and it's been quite a year, I'll tell ya! We are no longer "newlyweds"...sniff, sniff! We've already been through a lot in that year, the past two months being probably the hardest so far. Our number one priority right now is my Dad. My Dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease about a year ago, and suffered a massive stroke over Memorial Day weekend (his second). This was the beginning of the end. While in the hospital, the Dr.'s found numerous tumors in his lungs. Rather than open him up and risk making it worse (he wouldn't survive chemo and radiation anyway), we chose to let him live his last days here on Earth in one piece. My Dad has been fighting aggressive skin cancer for the last 10 years or so, so they figure it has finally spread to other parts of his body. After that diagnosis, he was moved to Hospice and we really thought we were going to lose him, but he's a fighter and his stubborn Scottish blood would have none of that!! In just the past week, he's expressed his wish to come home and hopefully by Friday, he will be. He is basically bedridden and will have a nurse with him 8 hours a day, plus my Mom will be home with him as well, along with my brother who only lives 5 minutes away. Plus, my parents own a Mother/Daughter house, and A & I are upstairs, so that will help. We know we all have a tough road ahead of us, but we are family, and if we can count on each other than who can we count on? Hopefully, God will help to guide us through this and give us all the strength we need.

This is me with my parents on our wedding day...such a happy day!!


1 comment:

laceebreann said...

I love that picture! I am looking forward to reading more of your blogs! Oh and BTW I think it is interesting!