Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Waiting Game


Yup, that's exactly what I'm playing right now and I hate it! I wish time would just stage right and fast forward to Friday, but alas, I'm not that lucky! I'm 8dp3dt and I got nothing! Well, I mean besides the soreness from the progesterone shots, which seem to be giving me a lot of heartache this time around, I've had a bit of heartburn, some fatigue and some cramping on Saturday and Sunday, but that's it and they're all normal PMS symptoms for me, I might add. It's 'technically' CD28 and I'm a to-the-date kind of girl. However, I'm chalking up the lack of AF symptoms to the fact that I "ovulated" much later than usual this month. And so we wait....tick, tock, tick, tock...

Hubby will be leaving late Friday morning for an all weekend bachelor party , which means he won't be home when the news comes in. Devastating if it's yet another negative! I've told my girlfriend that if she sees me trying to drown myself in our front yard sprinkler to come and save me! I do have a bachelorette party myself on Saturday night, so I can always drown my sorrows there, but you know, I'd really like to NOT be partaking in the alcohol consumption. I asked Hubby if he thought I should test before Friday and he said yes. He voted for Thursday, me for Friday morning. Either way, I'm not yet sure what I'll do. Part of me wants to know, and yet part of me wants to hold on to the not knowing as long as I can. Does that make sense? I guess I'm really just so damn afraid of disappointment again, that I'd rather just not know anything at all until Friday. Not knowing means that I can still hold out hope until they call. Not know means that I still have a chance. All my faith is in God, and we're praying with everything we have that this time it's our turn.



"God always gives His best to
those that leave the choice with Him."
~Anonymous~
.

6 comments:

Tabitha said...

Still praying for you!! (((HUGS)))

Sumer said...

Praying for you sweetie!! BFP, BFP BFP!!

osuraj said...

I'm hoping with everything I have that Friday is your day in the sun!

Anonymous said...

Friday WILL be your day! Saying lots of prayers and sending positive thoughts you way:)

Erica said...

I'm praying really hard you will get a BFP. I was in the same situation with our IVF cycle (hubby going out of town). I waited and didn't tell him until he got back. We made a deal we wouldn't disclose the results either way (positive or negative) because I knew he would get all freaked out (either way) and wouldn't be able to focus and it would ruin his weekend (he was on business). If it were me, and I knew it would make/break my weekend, I would just wait. That's my 2 cents. :)

Erica

Shannon said...

Cant wait to see what happens when you test, thinking of you.