Thursday, July 9, 2009

Playing Catch-up....

Hello friends, yes, I have been a very bad blogger. I must confess...it's been over a week since my trigger post, and I have absolutely no excuse for NOT posting other than sheer laziness! I'm not sure how I let that much time get away from me, but as I was sitting having lunch today I realized that I had, and that I had missed posting our retrieval and transfer updates? Hmmm, I hope it's not too late!

So, to catch up, we triggered last Thursday night and had our transfer on Friday morning. Here I was thinking that it was going to be another piece of cake, and boy was I wrong. Well, actually to be quite honest the retrieval itself was uneventful, but I wound up having a bad reaction to the anesthesia this time around and came out hysterically sobbing. I also managed to rip the oxygen mask off and fling it behind the bed...yes folks, all while still being completely out of it. Let me tell you that when Hubby told me what I did I was mortified, to say the least! I did read somewhere that sometimes anesthesia can give you nightmares while you're out and you will wake up not remembering them, so perhaps that's what happened? Needless to say, Hubs thought it was quite funny, and I sat there the rest of the time wanting to kick him. I did also have some major cramping and pretty bad gas pains afterwards, but nothing a hot pack and some Tylenol with Codeine couldn't cure. So anyway, by the time of retrieval I had 18 follies, out of which they got 6 mature eggs (one less than we had last time). We left there pretty happy with those results and praying that we'd have some fighters!!

On Saturday we were called with our fertilization report, and out of the 6 we had four fertilize!! I dropped to my knees praising God, and we spent the rest of the weekend hoping those four would make it to transfer.

We got our call Monday morning that our transfer was scheduled for 12:15, so we knew some of them must have made it. However, the nurses can't tell you anything until you get there, which honestly, I think is just ridiculous! I mean, come on! Anyway, 12:15 sharp I started to drink and we were brought back to recovery. I drank, and drank, and drank. They came in with the portable ultrasound to make sure my bladder was full, told the doctor we were ready to go, and in he came...out of our four, three had made it!! Out of those three, one was six cells and two were five cells!! Here they are in all their glory...


So all in all, MUCH better results this time around. There was 30% fragmentation on one of the five cells (left), but the other two looked great. He suggested putting back in all three, so that's what we did and now we wait! I go in tomorrow morning to have my hormone levels checked and then a pregnancy test next Friday.

Sooo, other than hitting a vein in my butt cheek the other night while doing my progesterone shot (Holy pain!!!) and some random heartburn, I'm feeling pretty good! We're just trying to take it day by day and stay calm. At this point in time, I can't even picture myself pregnant anymore, so if it does happen it will be a shock. Either way, we know that we have no control over the results. It's already decided what will happen by the Big Guy upstairs, so why get ourselves all worked up? That's not to say that if the test is negative we won't be upset, but I'm just feeling so much more at peace with this cycle. Not sure if it's partly due to the acupuncture or something else, but it's strange and comforting. So my dears, I'll leave you with that and with my sincerest thanks for all your prayers and well wishes! It's true that prayer really does work!



"When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul."
(Psalm 94:19)
.

7 comments:

Amber said...

Nice to see an update!! Glad to know the retrieval and transfer went well! Your thought process right now, is exactly what got me through out last cycle and still gets me through the weeks between appointments now. I'll be praying for a bfp!

osuraj said...

Thanks for the update, I was wondering how it was going for you. I think the second time around is a little easier...you have a better idea of what to expect and the anxiety levels are a bit lower.

When do you go in for your bloodwork? Sending more peace and postive thoughts your way!

Kristi said...

I went in this morning for a P and E2 check, and next Friday is the pregnancy test.

Sumer said...

Glad to hear the update!! Things look like they are going great! I'm praying for a BFP for you!!

Erica said...

Glad to hear that everything went relatively smoothly...minus the Oscar-worthy performance at the end. LOL Hope you are able to relax and enjoy the rest of the weekend and week and that next Friday brings wonderful news!

Erica

Tabitha said...

lot's of prayers are going up for you!!!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

come ooooooon bfp post. i want to see YOU!