Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Slow and steady...

wins the race, right? I sure hope so, because I've just about had enough of these daily/nightly sticks! I had more bloodwork and another ultrasound yesterday morning and every thing's progressing nicely. I only had two nice sized follies on the right ovary and I think there were four in the running on the left. I guess I just expected alot more, especially since I'm on such a high dose of the Foll.istim, but Dr. Wonderful assured me that all looked perfect. But honestly, don't these numbers seem low? We've upped the Foll.istim to 300iu's @ night and have added Ganir.elix into the mix now, so I'm now administering four shots a day. I am pretty proud of myself though, considering I am terrified of needles. We'll see if that courage lasts once we start the PIO shots...:::shudder:::! More bloodwork and another ultrasound tomorrow morning, and then hopefully they can give me a firmer timeline for retrieval. We'll see...

In other household news, Hubby is home putting in our new windows today!! Pretty exciting, especially since I'm convinced that the old one's are the original to the house (which is over 40 yrs old!) and if you stand in front of them you're sure to feel a nice breeze. He said he took before and afters, so maybe I'll post some later. We've done so much work to the house over the past year and a half, and it's really cool to see the transformations! Hmmm, maybe a little picture tour is in order?

And last and most important, my beautiful friend Nine over here welcomed her Peanut into the world yesterday!! Please take a minute to stop by and congratulate the new parents!!!

3 comments:

Erica said...

Hang in there! I know it seems like the road is laden with needles LOL I honestly can't remember what would be deemed "good numbers," but I'm sure your doctor would tell you if it were low.
Congratulations on the new windows! My hubby sells windows for Pella and I think we are going to put in some new ones once the weather warms up, too. Definitely post a little tour of your improvements. I love seeing home improvements!

Amber said...

Sounds like we're on about the same schedule. I had my follicle check today with hopes of retrieval on Monday...2 on each growing nicely. I, too, am hoping for more when I go back on Friday. Good luck tomorrow!

Shannon said...

Im sure the shots are tough but I have faith that its all going to be worth it in the end! Hang in there, Kristi!

New windows? How exciting! I love home improvement projects!