Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sisterhood Award


A while ago I received the "Sisterhood Award" from my dear bloggie friend Osuraj. Who, I might add, has just gotten her coveted BFP!! Please take a minute to visit her blog, congratulate her and show her some love and support today! I know I've dragged my feet in passing it along, but no better time than the present, I say.

Anyway, I was thinking...the last time I received an award, I nominated some folks who never even acknowledged the award. Even after leaving a message on their blogs. Maybe those who didn't respond and pass it along didn't feel honored, or felt like it was a burden. I'm sorry for that. I hate to obligate anyone with an award.

So, that in turn made me rethink this whole award thing: are they a good thing or are they not? I think they are a good thing. Blogging takes a lot of work and time, and it is lovely to be recognized for your efforts. I want to thank those who stop by my blog, read what I write and who continually offer their prayers, love and support. Even while going through their own struggles. These awards are a lovely thing and a good way to share good feelings, so I hope that those I tag will accept this award in the spirit in which it is given: attitude and/or gratitude.

The "guidelines" state that you should nominate at least 10 blogs who fit this bill. Hmmm, what to do, what to do? I know in doing this, I will most assuredly leave out a number of people who have been good "sisters". "Sisters" who have not forgotten me, even though I haven't been the best bloggie friend lately. There are so many of you who have shown us so much love and support since this blog was started, so please forgive me if I've inadvertently left anyone out!

The guidelines for this award are:

  1. Put the logo on your blog or post.

  2. Nominate at least 10 blogs with great attitude and/or gratitude. Be sure to link to your nominees in your post.

  3. Let your nominees know they have received the award by leaving them a comment on their blog.

  4. Be sure to link this post to the person who nominated you for the award.


I nominate the following people and their inspiring blogs:


6 comments:

Shannon said...

You are so sweet to nominate me. You are always such an inspiration and I cannot WAIT for the day you get your BFP, Im so excited for your blessing.

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

ill admit, i am a bad blogger when it comes to awards. i am totally flattered when i recieve one, but rarely re-post it. i hope you dont think its because i dont appreciate it. I SURE DO!!

osuraj said...

Thanks for the love Kristi! I really needed it today and it made me smile. Now I'm just counting down the days until you have your BFP too. :-)

Amber said...

Awww....thanks!!!

Caroline said...

Thanks for the award Kristi. You are so sweet, and I will be following your journey!

Tabitha said...

Yay!! Thank you so much for the award!! I really appreciate it! (I'm so sorry it took me so long to "thank" you, but I just got back from church camp and am trying to catch up on all my favorite blogs!) (((HUGS)))