Wednesday, June 17, 2009

And so it begins...

...IVF "Take 2" that is! Well, today marks CD1 and the official start of our second IVF cycle! What can I say...I'M TERRIFED!! Actually, I'm terrified and excited at the same time (if that's really possible?). Physically, I feel so much more relaxed this time around, and I'm chalking that up to the fact that we've already been through it once. I know what to expect...from raging hormones, to mood swings, to giant needles and I'm okay with all of it. And even though the first time around didn't result in a positive outcome for us, I'm still waaay less stressed about the road ahead. However, my emotions seem to be seated in the front row of the rollercoaster, as I can go from feeling way, way up to feeling way, waaaaay down in a matter of 0.8 seconds flat! Honestly, I just don't want to be left behind...AGAIN! I want a guarantee this time around that IT WILL WORK! However, I know that's precisely the way it doesn't work, and it makes me sad. I also feel like a heel complaining about any of it because I know there are so many women out there who never even get to the point I'm at. So, I guess I just have to plug away, move forward and put my faith in God and myself.

I had a wonderful friend lend me her holy medals (Saint Ge.rard, Saint Jud.e and the Vi.rgin M.ary) that she wore during her own infertility treatments, so in addition to my daily novena's to Saint Th.erese, I feel pretty well covered. I've also had another dear friend offer to take me to St. Lu.cy's Chu.rch, which is home to the national shrine of Saint Gera.rd, to be blessed and receive a Saint Ger.ard handkerchief. If you don't know the story of this, take a look here. Anyway, I'll be going on on Friday for CD3 b/w and u/s, so I'll keep you all posted! Thank goodness we have some pretty busy weekends coming up, which will hopefully help make the time pass even faster...as always a big Thank You goes out to all you beautiful readers out there who continue to show me so much love and support! Without you guys, how would I have ever made it so far? So, THANKS! :)

7 comments:

Just Believing said...

Wishing you a a successful IVF round 2! It's great that you already feel more relaxed about it and what not I'm sure that will definitley be a bonus for your body!

Will say a prayer for you!!!

wondrafulbaby.blogspot.com

Caroline said...

Hi Kristi,

I will be following your journey, and keeping you in my prayers. I hope that IVF 2 is successful for you.You are doing great. x

Amber said...

Good luck!!! I hope this time is IT for you!

shawnandlarissa said...

I'll be thinking about you

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with IVF #2! I will be praying for you and sending positive thoughts your way:)

BB said...

Kristi: I just wanted to wish you good luck with your IVF. {HUGS}

Erica said...

Oh Kristi! I hope the roller coaster ride is a little less bumpy this time around. :) Being relaxed is definitely a good thing. :) Hope your appointment tomorrow goes well.

Erica