Friday, October 10, 2008

Well, we've been diagnosed...

I know, I know, our appt. was last Wedn.esday, but work has been literally kicking my butt!! Anyway, our "official" diagnosis as of right now is "Infertility of Unspecified Origin". Broken down that pretty much means that they have no idea why we haven't be able to conceive again. Our appt. was really enlightening though. We love our doctor and are extremely optimistic that they will be able to get us pregnant.

A has to repeat his SA because his WBC was a little high. They put him on antibiotics for ten days, after which he'll make another deposit and also get his blood work completed. All his other numbers were perfect, praise God! I also had my very first visit with the "wand". He did an ultrasound of my uterus and found some fibroids...nothing serious. Very small and also very common. I got to see that my ovaries had apparently been working overtime and I had a huge egg that was ready to burst! It was actually pretty cool!! At least my body is doing something right!! He showed me the catheter that they use for the IUI (so tiny!), and measured my cervix which was a little uncomfortable...just a little cramping when they inserted it, but nothing I can't handle. So, now I just have to schedule my CD3 b/w and schedule my HSG.

Soooo, once all that is completed we'll be gearing up for our first IUI!!! Because my Mom started showing symptoms of menopause at age 33 (yeah, crazy right!!), we'll be skipping the Clo.mid and going right to either G.onal F or Folli.stim, with an Ovi.drel trigger the day before the IUI. We'll also be doing a two day IUI to better our chances of conceiving. Then b/w @ 15dpiui and hopefully a BFP! Seriously, this is the first time in so long that I've felt so optimistic about getting pregnant! What a wonderful feeling! Hopefully it will last!!


"God will not permit any troubles to come upon us, unless He has a specific plan by which great blessings can come out of the difficulty.".

No comments: