Thursday, October 23, 2008

Remembering...

my Dad. Today marks two months since we lost my Dad. Of course, some days are better than others, but today is just such a sad day for me. I know that I'm not alone in my grief. My parents would have celebrated their 52nd wedding anniversary on Monday...52 years!! I can only wish that God allows me half of that with A. I just miss him so much today. The feelings kind of hit me out of nowhere as I looked at the calendar. Add that to the fact that I'm on hormone overload with AF, dreading my blood work tomorrow a.m. (I HATE needles!!) and am terrified of my impending HSG next week. I'm just a mess! Anyway, if you could send up some prayers for us today it would be greatly appreciated. I'm really trying to keep it together...



"Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted" (Matthew 5:4)".

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Kristi~

I am thinking of you. I so wish I had a sweet relationship with my dad like you did with yours.

There's a song that's out and it's really sad but it makes me think of you and your dad. Whenever I hear it I say a little prayer for you. It's called "You Can let Go" by Crystal Shawanda. (Weird last name I know but it's a beautiful song.)

~Jenn

Shannon said...

Im saying lots of prayers for you and your family. I pray that this gets easier for you (((hugs))

And the HSG next week? Piece of cake. Its not super pleasant but the good thing is that its QUICK! So even if it does hurt, it doesnt last long. If I could do it, you can! :)

Erin said...

Oh Kristi,

Please know that I am thinking of you and sending you many many thoughts and prayers your way. Losing a parent has to be awful. So stay strong and know that I am thinking of you. {{HUGS}}

♥Tara said...

hugs and lots of prayers!