Tuesday, December 23, 2008

That's what Christmas is all about...

In "A Charlie Brown Christmas" Charlie Brown asks: "Isn't there anyone out there who can tell me what Christmas is all about?"

Linus steps up and says:

"And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the fields, keeping watch over their flocks by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the lord shone round about them, and they were so afraid. And the angel said unto them, fear not, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you this day is born in the City of David, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; you shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel, a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on Earth peace, good will toward men'."

"That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown."



That's my favorite part of A Charlie Brown Christmas, when Linus quotes Luke, chapter two from the Bible. I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed Christmas filled with all your favorite things. In spite of everything else we're dealing with at the moment, I feel so blessed and am so thankful for all of you out there, who even while dealing with your own struggles, take the time out to hold me up.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I hear ya. The other day I was listening to Christmas music on the radio and the one that gave me goosebumps was Happy Birthday to Jesus by a group of little kiddies.

Merry Christmas girl!

Angelwingsbaby said...

I just found your blog and thought I would say Hi and Merry Christmas!