Friday, December 12, 2008

At a loss for words...

dis⋅ap⋅point⋅ed  [dis-uh-poin-tid]
–adjective
1. depressed or discouraged by the failure of one's hopes or expectations; thwarted in hope, desire or expectation; let down.
2. Obsolete. inadequately appointed; ill-equipped.


AF arrived early this morning...four days early. :::sigh::: I didn't even make it to my beta draw on S.unday. And even though I had a gut feeling that the I.UI's didn't work, the disappointment and sadness I'm feeling today don't make it any easier. I know that it's beyond my control, but I still feel like such a failure...ill-equipped. My body, even paired up with all the advances of modern medicine, still can't give me what I want. I know, I know, God has a bigger plan for us, it's in His hands, I need to give it up to Him. All the sentiments I tell everyone else are echoing in my head. I know I need to do all these things and trust in Him, but for today, I'm just going to deal with my broken heart.

For all of my friends out there that are patiently waiting on their own miracle, please know that I'm praying for you.

8 comments:

Erin said...

ugh! I am so sorry! You're right-no matter how much you prepare for it, its never easy...Hang in there hun. THINKNIG OF YOU!!

Shannon said...

Oh Kristi, thats just not fair. I know that we echo the same cry of "God has a plan for us" but it doesn't make things like this hurt any less. I am so sorry for your pain, I hope you find some comfort. I will be thinking of you and praying for you extra today!

osuraj said...

I'm sorry. I know that doesn't make any of this easier though. I will keep you in my thoughts. Hang in there.

Jenn said...

I'm so sorry. AF sucks, and this whole process sucks, and having to try so daggum hard for something we want so badly sucks. And waiting sucks.

(((hugs)))

p.s. I don't know about the "patient" part.

Erica said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for the birthday wishes! And I'm thinking of you and all the challenges you are facing right now with the IF and losing your Dad. I know how hard that is...I lost my dad 4 years ago to cancer. It's hard to stay optimistic and hold our heads high, I know. I am praying for you and thinking about you. Things are going to smooth out for you, I know it.

Erica

Tabitha said...

Id' tell you how sorry I am that this IUI didn't work, but I know how you feel, and I know that there really isn't anything I can say to make it better right now. I think that we all just need some down time, a chance to be negative and upset, so that when this storm blows over we can come out a much stronger person. I'm praying for your broken heart to heal quickly and that you'll be back to your old faith-filled positive self in no time!!

Nikki Godbee said...

I am sorry hun, This IF crap just sucks {{hugs}}

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear ... I was so hoping you would get that early Christmas present.

Thinking about you.